Instructions for preparing pre-recorded oral presentations
At the IWA Digital World Water Congress, authors will make pre-recorded presentations that will be grouped into one-hour sessions, tracked as per the six themes of the congress. Below you will find the instructions for preparing your recorded presentation. To ensure that the audience stays connected during your presentation, you are advised to ensure your recording is attractive and interesting. This way you get the best chance of having further interactions in the live Question & Answer sessions, and afterwards. At the end of the preparation, you will be requested to submit a set of 2 files:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Recorded presentation video
- An optional template for you to use is provided here.
- If using your own template, remember to include a title slide.
- Add your contact information to the last slide. If you would like delegates to contact you with questions or comments after the event provide your information on the final slide.
The presentation can be recorded by any of the co-authors and will be available during the original dates of the conference and on-demand for 3 months after the conference concludes. The video must not be more than 12 minutes!
- Videos featuring a product/service/technology must be informational rather than promotional. Presentations that appear to be a sales pitch will be removed from the programme.
- Make sure your recording includes your PowerPoint presentation, and you speaking with it.
- Media that is identified as obscene, provocative, inaccurate, or otherwise containing objectionable content will be removed from the programme.
- Do try to record from a location with no background noise, with enough natural light or with additional lighting options available. Avoid windows & lights behind you. Good light in front of you provides a better image.
- Ensure you keep some blank space in the right-hand corner of your slide where the video of you presenting will be located. See more information on this below.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. These methods allow you to show your face via webcam and display your slides as you talk. Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from content displayed on your computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone, is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries. Recordings are possible even with the free Zoom account.
- Instructions for using Zoom can be found at: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center.
- This video also has some good tips on how to record your presentation.
Should you be unable to use Zoom, you may use any other meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. The recording must show your face while you are presenting. The face must be displayed on the top right-hand corner of the slides that you are displaying.
C. Uploading your recorded presentation and PowerPoint Slides
Please use the following naming convention: AbstractID – Lastname.mp4 and AbstractID – Lastname.pptx. (e.g. 45673-Smith). The AbstractID is the code that was entered in front of your paper title when it was accepted. For videos to be verified by the technical program committee, please upload your files by Friday 9 April 2021.
Equally important: When uploading the files, please upload as well your profile picture that we will use on the programme in the congress platform. The image size should be 500px x 500px. To upload your files, please click here
Important note: The specifications given above will be checked at the time of submission and files that do not comply will not be uploaded. You will be notified in this case.
Click on the icon below to download the instructions.